Monday, December 6, 2004

December 6, 2004

Well -- less than 24 hours to go! (actually 23.5 hours -- but who's counting!!). Surreal only begins to describe the way I fell when I realize that I leave tomorrow! I'm packed (thanks Mom) and I'm ready!Here's one for those of you that know my ever amazing level of coordination....yesterday morning, 8 foot ladder, me -- about 1/2 way up -- and then a beautiful slow motion fall straight to the nice hard cement garage floor!! I was certain that I'd broken my foot, but the doctor today told me that everything still appears to be in one piece -- a doozy of a contusion to the arch and the top of my foot -- but no broken bones to be found on either xray film!So! Can you believe it? Me either!! I'm fine though -- sore, but fine. So tomorrow afternoon, I leave ATL for Frankfurt, Germany and then I am off to Almaty, Kazkhstan where I will arrive slightly before midnight on the 8th.I may post from an internet cafe in Frankfurt and/or Almaty, but you more than likely won't hear from me until the 10th or 11th after my first meeting with Jackson!

No comments: