Thursday, December 9, 2004

December 9, 2004

I arrived safely in Kazakhstan at about 11:30 pm last night. Both legs of my Lufthansa flight (ATL to Frankfurt, and Frankfurt to Almaty) were outstanding, although long! The first leg was about 8 hours, followed by a 4 hour layover, and then a 7 hour flight to Kazakhstan.The temperature is pleasant here in Almaty (I'm guessing 40 degrees F), but will get much colder as we head to Kokshetau. One of the women at the office today said "It's really Siberia" -- woo hoo!!! For those of you wondering how my foot is doing since my fall of the ladder the day before I left, here are 2 words -- nothing's broken! I managed to get into the doctor on the 6th, they took a couple of xrays, and could not find any broken bones -- just a very bad contusion, so it's purple, but it's all in one piece! It did bother me during the flight over, but today it is much better -- shouldn't be an issue after a week or so.I did go to my agencies offices here in Almaty today. The people there are fantastic. I spent most of the time with Gulzhan (she is a lawyer), who is pleasant, and very very funny!I will meet some WPA friends tonight for dinner at Mad Murphy's Irish Pub (yes, that's right -- irish pub!), and then will leave tomorrow afternoon for Kokshetau where I will meet Jackson!Please check back on the 10th after Noon or so, and you should be able to see out first picture together!Until Tomorrow!Kristi

No comments: