Monday, December 13, 2004

Meeting Dr Natalia

Today was our 4th visit with the baby's. We visit each day from 10am to Noon, and each day we visit, the 2 hours becomes even more short!

I was able to visit today with Dr. Natalia. She is the head doctor at the Maternity Hospital here, and also our coordinator for court.

When she walked in today, Jackson was asleep on my shoulder (it's looking like he naps each day from 11am to Noon when he gets a bottle), and she said "what a beautiful picture".

She reviewed his medical history with me while he slept, and I was able to ask her some questions to clarify. Jackson woke up towards the end of our visit, and I was able to snap a picture with Dr. Natalia and him together.

I found out today that Dr.Natalia gave Jackson his birth name, which is Beibol. It is a Kazak name which means "big man" -- very fitting don't you think!!



One more picture for today. This was actually taken yesterday during our tour of town. There is a large lake on the edge of town were locals go to ice fish. Below you can see them with there tents out on the lake waiting for the days catch. If it looks like it's freezing, that's because it was!!

No comments: